The mind is a very powerful tool that can change the very fabric of our reality. Each and every thought is a catalyst for a brand new universe created in our minds. Therefore, the power of happiness lies in how you give power to your thoughts and program your mind to feel happy.
Scientists has long studied the power of the human mind and it reveals that ‘the observer’ – the one who focuses on something for an extent of time and it causes a certain outcome to occur.
Some call this the Law of Attraction. Others say that what you focus on expands. Whatever name you want it to go by, the fact remains that your happiness level is based on the power of your mind and you will directly affect what you want emotion you want to create.
Here are 5 tips on how to exponentially increase your happiness levels and you don’t need any special tools to make it happen:
- When you wake up in the morning, focus on your desired outcome – which is what you want to achieve for the day and only affirm this in the positive. Think of it as something good and pleasurable that you want to pursue – not something you wish to run away from (e.g. focus on getting a raise rather than avoiding a scolding from your boss).
- Start to meditate for 5 minutes a day – just 5 minutes only. 5 minutes is something everyone can spare. Research shows that meditation clears the clutter away from our thoughts and gives us mental clarity to use our mind better. It's effects are exponential. Imagine if you started your day on the wrong side of the bed, likely the day will be heading towards a downward spiral. But meditation will at least guarantee that you start the day better.
- During the afternoon or in the middle of your day, pause and ponder on the progress of your day. Focus on the positive achievements you have done so far. Even the fact that you have fresh air to breathe is something to be happy about. This break in the middle of the day channels our focus back to our goals we set in the morning. According to Esther Hicks from the Law of Attraction fame – segment intending is where moment to moment manifestation will help you to ‘re-cue' you back to your essence.
- At night before you go to bed, make a list of things you want to accomplish for the next day. Set an intention for tomorrow and the universe will align resources for you in the next day.
- Give a list of 5 things to be grateful for. A person who is in control of his or her own mind is always in a state of gratitude. It is proven that gratitude actually changes the chemicals in our brain, makes us happier and gives you a better night's sleep which will set the pace for the next day.
Practice these 5 steps for the next 21 days and you will see profound results in your life.